Start date: 14 May 2024
Duration: 2 Days, 14th and 21st May, 9.00am - 5.00pm each day
Location: Live online training
Cost: Members € 250, Non-Members €375
Course code: N/A
Effective communication sits at the heart of effective workplace and management relationships. This practical programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to prepare for and engage with a wide range of colleagues in an effective, assertive and professional way. This practical programme focuses on providing you with toolkits and techniques you can put into action straight away.
A rerun of this course is scheduled for 14 and 21 May 2024 to meet demand after previous reruns in 2023 on 16 and 23 Nov, 21 and 28 Sept, 27 April and 4 May and in 2022 on 14 and 21 Nov and 4 and 11 Mar 2022.
You will leave this training 2-day programme with:
• An understanding of the core skills of communication and the main communication styles
• An awareness of your unique communication style
• Practice in flexing your style for different people and groups
• Knowledge and a plan for building trusting relationships with everyone
• An approach for giving constructive feedback confidently and effectively, with practical ways of using this in the workplace
• Understanding motivation and a set of practical tools to enhance morale and motivation of self and others
• How to effectively influence others using productive and professional plans and actions
• Approaches to resolve differences of opinion and deal productively with difficult communication situations
• A toolkit for communicating in a blended and hybrid work environment
• A tailored action plan for you to take your learnings and apply them in your workplace.
Who is the course for?
This training is for R&D team managers, project managers, team members working as part of teams.
For both 1-day modules, there will be some simple preparatory work to help you to understand the core content and start the learning process. This prep work may include short YouTube videos, questionnaires and diagnostics. Days 1 and 2 link and build a strong foundation to communicate with impact and influence in all situations.
• Welcome from the trainer
• What is communication…introducing the topic and the core skills to communicate effectively
• Understanding yourself…the ‘Push and Pull’ styles of communication and how to flex between them for different people and groups
• Building trusting relationships using the ‘Trust Equation’
• Giving and receiving developmental and motivational feedback using the AIRED feedback model
• Action planning
• Welcome and recap of module day 1
• Motivating yourself and your team using a diagnostic motivation audit and action plan
• How to manage yourself and prepare well when influencing others
• Resolving differences of opinion and dealing with difficult communication situations using the skills learned on this course
• Planning your communication strategy to engage others in a blended and hybrid work environment
• Action planning and close of the programme
Reg Friddle is Head of Skills Development and Executive Coaching for Preferred Future. He is a qualified and experienced trainer, coach and team development specialist. For over 15 years he has worked across multiple sectors, including engineering, manufacturing, health, banking and hospitality to design and deliver customised skills development programmes.